Welcome to the place where my heart and soul reside! This is where I come to write about and showcase ALL things that make a mark on me – things that are chic, beautiful, inspiring, and totally unique in the Luxury Wedding and Event Planning industries! This is also the place to find inspiration and tips from our Creative Partners. Often, the wedding and fashion worlds intertwine. So occasionally, I’ll include my favorite fashion finds, trends, and current obsessions. My desire is to give you a peek into a world that has always fascinated me and continues to excite me! Welcome to The Bridal Circle blog.
1. I studied acting for several years when I was younger (probably not surprising).
2. I worked as a sous chef, food consultant and cooking teacher when I first graduated from the Culinary Institute of America.
3. I had a so-called “apprenticeship” in Bordeaux,where I actually cut carrots for 5 months.
4. I could live in Paris, no problem at all.
5. If I never had to look at a transportation schedule again, my life would be significantly improved.
6. Ditto for a hair and makeup schedule.
7. There’s a banquet hall in a very obscure region of Japan named after me-“Marcy Hall”- no, I’m serious.
8. I absolutely detest being cold.
9. My teeny, tiny Brooklyn garden is a thing of pride and joy to me.
10. I have two cats, two dogs and a boyfriend who is studying to be a veterinarian (and was previously a sommelier).
12. I am a native New Yorker.
13. When we work with a wonderful client, every day can be spectacular and I love my job – no comment on the converse.
14. I’m alternately obsessed with food and my weight.
15 I actually attended Woodstock and yes, I was very young.
16. I love full bodied red wines in winter, Super Tuscans, Bordeaux, California Cabernets.
17. I love Domaine Ott in the summer time, magnums are best.
18. I planned the IPO party for The Knot ( a million years ago).
19. I have run the dining room and front door at several restaurants, but I am a lousy waitress.