Welcome to the place where my heart and soul reside! This is where I come to write about and showcase ALL things that make a mark on me – things that are chic, beautiful, inspiring, and totally unique in the Luxury Wedding and Event Planning industries! This is also the place to find inspiration and tips from our Creative Partners. Often, the wedding and fashion worlds intertwine. So occasionally, I’ll include my favorite fashion finds, trends, and current obsessions. My desire is to give you a peek into a world that has always fascinated me and continues to excite me! Welcome to The Bridal Circle blog.
- I never travel without my umbrella. In New York City, the rain could come at any given moment and I couldn’t bear the thought of it touching my hair!
- A surprising fact about me is that I ‘m a big softy, which most people don’t believe because of my tough exterior.
- One of my favorite ways to relax is by spending time with my lovely granddaughters. They bring me so much joy. When I have a free moment, I love cuddling up with them and watching movies.
- The one product I can’t live without is my hairspray. I love to look polished and having a string of hair out of place doesn’t work for me. I pile on as much as I need. I can never have enough!
- My favorite decade in terms of fashion is the 1920’s & 1930’s. These times were all about elegance. Women always wore dresses and piled on the jewelry.
- I truly love my job, and for me, the best part is making my clients happy and making their visions a reality. The looks on their faces are always priceless.
- I honestly wouldn’t be anything other than a wedding planner. Nothing has ever crossed my mind. It’s my ultimate calling in life.
- Smoking drives me absolutely crazy. It’s so unattractive to see a man or a woman with a cigarette.
- The best piece of advice I’ve ever gotten is to “Never go to bed angry.” It really doesn’t benefit anyone, and it doesn’t lead to a promising tomorrow.
- I never leave the house without my cell phone. It’s my only form of communication with my family, friends and my business when I’m not home. My phone has become my best accessory!
- I have always feared anything that might tarnish the reputation that I’ve developed over 35 years in this business.
- I am passionate about entertaining both in my home and out. I also adore my family and pets. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs.
- I can’t whistle to save my life. It’s quite funny because I try all the time, but I’ve never had any results!
- I fell in love twice in my life, and married both of them.
- My favorite color is red, but since I always wear black, many people don’t think I even like color. Red is bright and happy, which is why I like it so much.
- My dog Zoe is my best friend in the world. She has been with me for 11 years.
- Most people don’t know that I have a twin sister named Renee. I love being a twin!
- I love Asian cuisine. It’s light, but incredibly flavorful and delicious. Vietnamese food is probably my favorite type of meal to prepare.
- I fancy a Hendricks on the rocks with two limes.
- I planned the Guinness Book of World Records Most Expensive Pet Wedding in History, which benefitted the Humane Society of New York.
Thanks so much Harriette for your candid answers and personal tid bits! Too much fun…
For more information on Harriette Rose Katz and her wedding planning services at Gourmet Advisory, we invite you visit her website as well as these other features we’ve shared previously.