Welcome to the place where my heart and soul reside! This is where I come to write about and showcase ALL things that make a mark on me – things that are chic, beautiful, inspiring, and totally unique in the Luxury Wedding and Event Planning industries! This is also the place to find inspiration and tips from our Creative Partners. Often, the wedding and fashion worlds intertwine. So occasionally, I’ll include my favorite fashion finds, trends, and current obsessions. My desire is to give you a peek into a world that has always fascinated me and continues to excite me! Welcome to The Bridal Circle blog.
Well, sort of, for Dallasites anyway… This weekend not only offered sunny skies and mild temperatures, but also stylishly stocked shelves at Neiman Marcus, full of the beautiful, colorful, cheery Spring 2012 Collections! So what if Spring is really a few months away? We are already daydreaming of the loveliness that comes with warmer weather and the season of romance!
- Branch out: Spring is a great time for blossoming branches. If you are considering tall branch arrangements for your venue or tables, display them on their own for a less fussy and sophisticated look.
- It’s all in the color: Create a chic, fresh palette by pairing delicate spring tones with elegant neutrals, such as blush pink with gray or golden wheat. Another option: lilac with mocha or cream.
- Surprise elements: I always find so much inspiration in spring flowers. Fritillaria are one of my absolute favorites. The delicate stems and curls frame the flowers that hang like perfect little bells. Remember to bring a bit of this whimsy and surprise to your floral arrangements. A pop of sweet pea, a dramatic parrot tulip or a little snowdrop will add the perfect accent to any bouquet.
- Light right: If you are planning a large wedding or event for spring, remember to keep the lighting soft and very clean in your venue. This will allow you to showcase your beautiful spring blooms and other decor elements properly. You don’t want to ruin a delicate and unique color palette with heavy or overly dramatic lighting.
- Perfect pairing: Consider pairing your spring flowers, tones and details with the perfect fabrics such as crisp hemstitched linen or luxurious silk shantung. A light, airy fabric such as linen on a dinner table filled with spring flowers is so inviting and perfect for the season.
And, what do Matthew Robbins and TBC have in common? A fantastic facination with Peonies! Check out this glorious gathering of Peony-perfection, floral designs courtesy of Matthew Robbins. Want more Matthew? Of course you do – what Bride doesn’t?! So, don’t forget to enter our contest for your chance toreceive an autographed copy of his new wedding design, Inspired Weddings!